Terms and Conditions of Sale
1. Acceptance. Commercial Construction, a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc. (formerly operating as the separate divisions ITW Buildex, ITW Ramset and ITW Red Head) is herein referred to as "ITW", and the customer purchasing products ("Products") or services ("Services") from ITW is referred to as "Purchaser." These terms and conditions of sale ("Terms"), any ITW quotation, acknowledgment or invoice and all documents incorporated by specific reference herein or therein ("ITW Documents" and together with these Terms, the "Agreement"), constitute the complete terms governing the sale of Products and Services. ITW HEREBY REJECTS ANY ADDITIONAL OR DIFFERENT TERMS OR CONDITIONS PROPOSED BY PURCHASER, WHETHER OR NOT CONTAINED IN ANY OF PURCHASER'S BUSINESS FORMS OR IN PURCHASER'S WEBSITE, AND SUCH ADDITIONAL OR DIFFERENT TERMS WILL BE OF NO EFFECT. No site usage agreement or any other click through agreement on a website will have any binding effect whether or not ITW clicks on an "ok," "I accept," or similar acknowledgment. Commencement of any work by ITW or Purchaser's acceptance of delivery of the Products or Services will manifest Purchaser's assent to the Agreement. Additional or different terms applicable to a particular sale may be specified in the body of an ITW Document, and, in the event of a conflict, will take precedence over these Terms.
2. Quotations. Quotations are only valid in writing and for 30 days from the date of the quotation. All quotations are subject to change or withdrawal without prior notice to Purchaser. Quotations are made subject to approval of Purchaser's credit. ITW may refuse orders and has no obligation to supply Products or Services unless ITW issues an order acknowledgement or upon the shipment of Products or commencement of Services.
3. Prices and Payment Terms. Prices are in U.S. Dollars. Prices and units per package are subject to change without notice. All orders are accepted subject to ITW's price in effect at time of shipment, provided that backorders will be billed atht prices that were in effect at the time of the original order. Prices do not include any sales, use, value-added or other taxes, import duties, license fees or like charges ("Fees") related to the sale, importation or use of Products or Services, and Purchaser is responsible for those Fees. If ITW is subsequently required to pay any Fees, Purchaser shall fully defend and indemnify ITW therefor. Terms of payment are 30 days net from the date of ITW's invoice. Overdue invoices will incur interest at the rate of 1.5% per month, or at the maximum rate allowable by governing law. Purchaser's inspection rights herein will not affect the payment terms. Under no circumstances will Purchaser have a right of set-off. If Purchaser fails to make any payment as required, Purchaser agrees to indemnify ITW for all associated costs incurred by ITW, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs. Minimum order quantities apply.
4. Credit Approval. All shipments are subject to approval by ITW's credit department. ITW may invoice Purchaser and recover for each shipment as a separate transaction. If, in ITW's sole judgment, Purchaser's financial condition is or becomes unsatisfactory, then ITW may, without prejudice to any of its other remedies: (a) defer or decline to make any shipments except upon receipt of satisfactory security or cash payments in advance; and/or (b) terminate any or all of Purchaser's purchase orders.
5. Cancellation or Modification. ITW may cancel any purchase order or release thereunder, or terminate any agreement relating to the purchase of ITW's Products or Services upon 30 days' written notice to Purchaser. Once ITW has accepted a purchase order or begun taking actions with respect to a purchase order, Purchaser cannot cancel or modify that purchase order except with ITW's written consent. In such event, Purchaser will be liable for cancellation or modification charges and all costs incurred and committed for the order or in connection with the cancellation or modification, as applicable, together with a reasonable allowance for prorated expenses and anticipated profits.
6. Inspection / Non-Conforming Shipments. Purchaser may inspect Products for a period of 15 business days after delivery ("Inspection Period"). Purchaser must notify ITW in writing of any Products that do not conform to the specifications applicable to their sale within the Inspection Period and afford ITW a reasonable opportunity to inspect such Products and cure any nonconformity. If Purchaser fails to provide ITW such written notice within the Inspection Period, Purchaser will be deemed to have accepted the Products. Purchaser may not return any Product without ITW's prior written authorization. Any return authorized by ITW must be made in accordance with ITW's return policies. Purchaser will be responsible for all costs associated with returns of Products and will bear the risk of loss, unless ITW agrees otherwise in writing or determines that the Products do not conform to the applicable terms of sale. Any variation in quantities shipped over or under those ordered (not to exceed 10%) will constitute compliance with Purchaser's order, and the stated price per item will continue to apply.
1. Prior review and written approval for a return material must be obtained from the authorized Sales Manager. Additional approvals may be required, which is dependent on the original purchase amount.
2. Product must be returned within 90 days of the purchase date and be current cataloged product in current packaging, and if relevant have a minimum of 50% remaining shelf life, i.e. adhesive products
3. Fuel cells must be received by ITW as returned product no later than 3 months prior to the expiration date.
4. Pins packaged with fuel cells must be current cataloged product in current packaging. If the fuel cells have passed the 23 months prior to the expiration date, a 20% restocking fee will be charged.
5. Transportation charges to the designated ITW warehouse must be prepaid by the distributor.
6. A standard 20% restocking fee will be charged on all returned goods.
7. Special orders and discontinued items are not eligible for return credit.
7. Shipment. ITW anticipates use of common carriers for shipment of Products. The carrier, and not ITW, will bill for freight rates and other shipping charges. Orders require minimum purchases. Payments for such charges shall be paid by Purchaser directly to the carrier. All Products will be shipped F.O.B. ITW's facility. Drop shipments to locations other than Purchaser's facilities require prior approval from Seller. Shipping dates are approximate and are based upon prompt receipt of all necessary information from Purchaser. ITW may ship items in a single or multiple shipments.
8. Taxes: Purchase shall pay ITW, in addition to the purchase price, the amount of all fee, duties, licenses, tariff, and sales, use, privilege, occupation, excise or other taxes, federal, state, local or foreign, which ITW is required to pay or collect in connection with the products or Services sold to Purchaser. Purchaser must provide ITW, prior to shipment, any documents or certificates that Purchaser claims relieves them if any obligation to the above. ITW may at its own discretion, accept or reject said documents or certificates. Failure by ITW to collect any such fees or taxes for any reason, shall not affect Purchaser's obligation hereunder and Purchaser shall fully defect, indemnify and hold harmless ITW with respect to such tax obligations.
9. Title/Risk of Loss. Title to the Products shall pass to Purchaser upon delivery to the carrier. Purchaser assumes all risk and liability for loss and use or misuse by third parties who acquire or use the Products illicitly after delivery to the carrier. Purchaser must notify ITW and the delivering carrier within 15 business days from date of receipt of Products, of any damage or shortage, and afford ITW a reasonable opportunity to inspect the Products. Any loss occasioned by damage or shrinkage in transit will be for Purchaser's account, and claims for such loss must be made solely against the carrier.
10. Warranty. ITW warrants that it will convey the Products free and clear of all liens, security interests and encumbrances created by, through or under ITW. ITW further warrants that for a period of 12 months (or the period shown in the operators manual for the specific tool) from the tool build date (the "Warranty Period"), under normal use and given proper installation and maintenance as determined by ITW, the Products: (a) will conform to mutually agreed upon written specifications or other descriptions; and (b) will be free from substantial defects in material and workmanship. The tool build date is determined from the tool serial number. ITW may, in its sole discretion, extend the warranty time frame from the date of purchase if Purchaser provides proof of the date of purchase (such as a purchase receipt).
In the event of a breach of the warranties set forth above (the "Warranties"), Seller's sole liability and Purchaser's sole remedy will be (at ITW's option), for ITW to replace any Product that fails to conform to the Warranties, provided that (a) during the Warranty Period ITW is promptly notified in writing upon discovery of such failure with a detailed explanation of any alleged deficiencies; (b) ITW is given a reasonable opportunity to investigate all claims; and (c) ITW's examination of such Product confirms the alleged deficiencies and that the deficiencies were not caused by accident, misuse, neglect, alteration, improper installment, unauthorized alteration or repair or improper testing, as evidenced by an ITW Return Goods Authorization Form. No Products may be returned to ITW until inspection and approval by ITW. The Warranty Period for any replacement part or accessory provided in accordance with this Warranty will equal the remainder of the Warranty Period for the original part or accessory.
The Warranty against defects does not apply to: (a) parts which are specifically covered by a written extended warranty, (b) consumable components or ordinary wear items, including pistons, piston assemblies and rings, buffers, bumpers, spring clips, pawls and o-rings; (b) items furnished by ITW but manufactured by others; or (c) use of the Products with equipment, components or parts not specified or supplied by ITW, including fasteners, fuel, powder loads batteries or battery chargers.
An additional warranty may apply to Dektite Pip Flashing products. Dektite Pip Flashing products are warranted by Deks Industries Pty Ltd. for a period of twenty (20) years, subject to certain exceptions and exclusions. A copy of the Dektite Pipe Flashing Warranty is available upon request.
EXCEPT AS SET FORTH ABOVE, ITW MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE), WITH RESPECT TO ITS PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
11. Limitation of Liability and Remedies. ITW WILL NOT BE LIABLE, AND PURCHASER WAIVES ALL CLAIMS AGAINST ITW, FOR INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, DOWN TIME, LOST PROFITS OR COMMERCIAL LOSSES, WHETHER OR NOT BASED UPON ITW'S NEGLIGENCE OR BREACH OF WARRANTY OR STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT OR ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. ITW WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO PURCHASER FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM THE HANDLING, STORAGE, TRANSPORTATION, RESALE OR USE OF ITS PRODUCTS IN MANUFACTURING PROCESSES, OR IN COMBINATION WITH OTHER SUBSTANCES, OR OTHERWISE. IN NO EVENT WILL ITW'S LIABILITY UNDER THESE TERMS OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OF ITW'S PRODUCTS OR SERVICES EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE SPECIFIC PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AS TO WHICH THE CLAIM IS MADE.
12. Training Obligations. Purchaser recognizes that powder tools can be dangerous if used by untrained personnel. Purchaser agrees to properly train all persons, including employees, subcontractors and transferees, who may use or handle any powder tools sold hereunder. Purchaser shall indemnify ITW for all costs incurred with respect to claims for personal injuries and property damage in connection with the use of Products by any person without property training. ITW may provide Purchaser with training upon request, provided, however, any training provided by ITW will not affect Purchaser's obligations set forth above.
13. Product Use. Purchaser is solely responsible for determining if a Product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for Purchaser's method of application. Accordingly, and due to the nature and manner of use of ITW's Products, ITW is not responsible for the results or consequences of use, misuse or application of its Products. All physical properties, statements and recommendations are either based on the tests or experience that ITW believes to be reliable, but they are not guaranteed. ITW may change specifications, equipment or designs at any time without notice.
14. Ownership of Intellectual Property. All drawings, know-how, designs, specifications, inventions, devices, developments, processes, copyrights and other information or intellectual property disclosed or otherwise provided to Purchaser by ITW and all rights therein (collectively, "Intellectual Property") will remain the property of ITW and will be kept confidential by Purchaser in accordance with these Terms. Purchaser has no claim to, nor ownership interest in, any Intellectual Property, and such information, in whatever form and any copies thereof, shall be promptly returned to ITW upon request from ITW. Purchaser acknowledges that no license or rights of any sort are granted to Purchaser hereunder in respect of any Intellectual Property, other than the limited right to use ITW's Products or receive the Services purchased from ITW.
15. Confidential Information. All information furnished or made available by ITW to Purchaser in connection with the subject matter hereof shall be held in confidence by Purchaser. Purchaser agrees not to use, or disclose to others, such information without ITW's prior written consent. The obligations in this section will not apply to any information that: (a) at the time of disclosure was or thereafter becomes generally available to the public by publication or otherwise through no breach by Purchaser of any obligation herein; (b) Purchaser can show by written records was in Purchaser's possession prior to disclosure by ITW; or (c) is legally made available to Purchaser by or through a third party having no direct or indirect confidentiality obligation to ITW with respect to such information.
16. Infringement and Indemnification. (a) Except as set forth below, ITW agrees to defend and indemnify Purchaser against any claims, costs, damages, liability and expenses ("Claims") resulting from actual patent, trademark or copyright infringement, misappropriation of confidential information, or violation of any other Intellectual Property right, domestic or foreign ("Infringement") that may arise from the sale of ITW's proprietary Product to Purchaser as such pertains to the subject matter of the Agreement (provided that Product is not modified in any way by Purchaser or any other party, and the Product is used in the manner intended by ITW). If a suit or claim results in any injunction or order that would prevent ITW from supplying or Purchaser from using any part or Product falling under the Agreement, or if the result of such a suit or claim would, in the reasonable opinion of ITW, otherwise cause ITW to be unable to supply or Purchaser to be unable to use such parts or Products, ITW may do one or more of the following: (i) secure an appropriate license to permit ITW to continue supplying or Purchaser to continue using those parts or Products; (ii) modify the appropriate part or Product so that it becomes non-infringing; (iii) replace the appropriate part or Product with a non-infringing but practically equivalent part or Product; or (iv) if ITW cannot reasonably accomplish the actions specified in subsections (i) – (iii), then in ITW's sole discretion, ITW may discontinue selling the part or Product without any further liability to Purchaser. (b) Purchaser agrees to defend and indemnify ITW against any Claims resulting from actual or alleged Infringement that may arise from the making, using or selling of any part or Product or using any process that is designed or specified by Purchaser. (c) If any claim covered by this section is made by a third party, the party entitled to indemnification (the "Indemnified Party") must give written notice of such claim to the party liable for such indemnification (the "Indemnifying Party") promptly after the Indemnified Party has actual notice of such claim. The Indemnifying Party may defend and/or settle such claim at its expense, provided that it does so diligently and in good faith. The Indemnified Party shall cooperate with such defense and/or settlement and may participate in (but not to control) such defense and/or settlement at its expense. No settlement maybe entered into unless the Indemnified Party is released from all liability for such claim.
17. [Service Terms. The following terms and conditions apply to any on-site Services provided by ITW:
A. Services will be provided at ITW's then current service rates.
B. Purchaser shall prepare the site, including, as applicable, the construction of all necessary [foundations, anchor bolts, pneumatic hooks and electrical disconnects/connections]. If the site is not prepared for the Services upon ITW service personnel's arrival at the agreed upon time and date for Services, ITW may charge Purchaser for any delay at ITW's regular service rates.
C. Purchaser shall provide ITW with advance notice of any rules, regulations, statutes and requirements applicable to the Services, including any required permits and licenses, that are applicable to Purchaser's local jurisdiction.
D. ITW may refuse, without any liability or penalty to ITW, to provide Services and to allow ITW service personnel to suspend Services or vacate any site where, in the sole opinion of ITW, performance of Services would pose a risk to the health and safety of any person. In such event, Purchaser is responsible for payment of any delay and/or travel time at ITW's regular service rates.
E. Purchaser is solely liable for all damages or injuries that may occur on the site, except to the extent damages or injuries are directly caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of ITW service personnel.
F. Purchaser must provide at least 24 hours' notice of cancellation of any Service order. If Purchaser cancels with less than 24 hours' notice, Purchaser is responsible for any costs incurred by ITW caused by such cancellation.
G. ITW service personnel are service technicians trained in service and do not have the training or authority to make any representations, enter into any agreements or execute any Purchaser documents with respect to the Services or these Terms. Any such representations, agreements or documents will not be binding on ITW or such ITW service personnel. ITW service personnel will not be required to waive any rights, including intellectual property rights or rights related to applicable privacy laws.
H. [Where Services are provided on a time and materials basis, Purchaser shall approve the appropriate timesheet and joint completion certificates prior to ITW's service personnel's departure from the site.]
18. Compliance. Buyer agrees to comply with all federal, state, local and foreign rules, regulations, ordinances and laws applicable to Buyer's obligations hereunder and Buyer's use of the Products and Services, including import/export laws, labor laws and anti-corruption laws.
19. Relationship of the Parties. Nothing in the Agreement or the course of dealing of the parties may be construed to constitute the parties hereto as partners, joint venturers or as agents for one another or as authorizing either party to obligate the other in any manner.
20. Force Majeure. ITW will not be responsible for failure to perform in a timely manner under the Agreement when its failure results from events beyond its reasonable control (an event of "Force Majeure"), including acts of God, earthquakes, fire, flood, washouts, destruction of facilities, epidemics, acts of war whether declared or undeclared, blockades, insurrections, riots, strikes and lockouts. In the event of Force Majeure, the time for performance will extend for such time as reasonably necessary to enable ITW to perform.
21. Assignment; Binding Effect. No assignment of any rights or interest or delegation of any obligation of Purchaser under the Agreement ITW or Purchaser's purchase order may be made without the prior written consent of ITW. Any attempted assignment will be void. The Agreement will inure to the benefit of and be binding upon each of the parties hereto and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
22. Integration Clause. The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between ITW and Purchaser with respect to the Products and Services covered by the Agreement, and supersedes any prior agreements, understandings, representations and quotations with respect thereto. No modification hereof will be of any effect unless in writing and signed by the party to be bound thereby.
23. Waiver. In the event of any default by Purchaser, ITW may decline to ship Products or provide Services. If ITW elects to continue shipping or otherwise fails to insist upon strict compliance of these Terms, ITW's actions will not constitute a waiver of Purchaser's default or any other existing or future default, or affect ITW's legal remedies.
24. Bankruptcy. If either party becomes insolvent, is unable to pay its debts when due, files for or is the subject of involuntary bankruptcy, has a receiver appointed or has its assets assigned, the other party may cancel any unfulfilled obligations hereunder.
25. Limitation of Actions/Choice of Law/Litigation Costs. Notwithstanding any contrary statute of limitations, any cause of action for any alleged breach of the Agreement by ITW will be barred unless commenced by Purchaser within 1 year from the accrual of such cause of action. Any dispute arising out of or related to the Agreement will be governed by and construed according to the laws of the State of Illinois and litigated exclusively in a state or federal court located in Cook County, Illinois. The parties agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to the Agreement. If either party commences litigation or arbitration concerning any provision of the Agreement, the prevailing party is entitled, in addition to the relief granted, to a reasonable sum for their attorney's fees in such litigation or arbitration, provided that if each party prevails in part, such fees will be allocated in the manner as the court or arbitrator determines to be equitable in view of the relative merits and amounts of the parties' claims.
26. Survival. Any provisions in the Agreement which, by their nature, extend beyond the termination or expiration of any sale of Products or Services, will remain in effect until fulfilled.
27. Jury Waiver. The parties hereto expressly release and waive any and all rights to a jury trial and consent to have any dispute heard solely by a court of competent jurisdiction.
28. Severability. If any provision herein is held to be unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining provisions herein will remain in effect.